Capability Maturity Model Integration
ITSector Software Development Process (PIDS)
On the 22nd of June 2017, ITSector was certified on Maturity Level 2 of CMMI-DEV v1.3, which focuses on Project Management and Support areas.
PIDS combines CMMI® best practices and guidelines with a waterfall, or iterative waterfall, project management model, in accordance with the complexity of the project. This certification provides international reference guidelines for applying the best practices while safeguarding the goals of clients and end users.
This process allows the measurement of the company’s performance, with the purpose of promoting continuous improvement in essential and relevant areas: the maturity and the capacity of the software development processes.
Among the main benefits of implementing this process, we choose to highlight the following:
- Cost reductions due to the decrease in wasted resources, dismissals and complaints;
- Reduction of delivery time for products or services;
- Optimisation of human and material resources;
- Increased efficiency in operations due to procedural standardization and common reference documentation;
- Overall improvement of product and project quality, at the time of delivery;
- Increased customer satisfaction.